Hello! I am absolutely thrilled to part of such a great group. I’m equal measures of excited and terrified when I think about taking part in my first triathlon. I’m a 35 year old mum of 2 young kids who keep me pretty active. I first took up running 4 years ago after my dad died very suddenly & unexpectedly and I was just in a very dark place. I started off barely able to run for 5 minutes but over the years have gained fitness and confidence, and a healthy way to deal with those bad days. I also qualified as a running coach a few years ago and absolutely love coaching and supporting our runners to achieve something the never thought they could. I have run a few marathons (i was lucky enough to get a ballot place for London Marathon 2017), and several half’s & 10km’s but I have always wanted to complete a triathlon, and so am really looking forward to being part of this team and reaping the benefits of all the advice & support. Just need to get my head around wearing a wetsuit...and getting out of the wetsuit...and riding a bike when wet...and running with the fear of the chafe...! Looking forward to meeting the other newbies :)

Posted by JessicaLane at 2019-05-31 14:46:22 UTC